Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yes, we did celebrate Christmas



I know it's closer to Easter than this past Christmas and I am finally sharing an update.  We had a wonderful week.  As you already know, Russell flew to England the week of Christmas to fly a new airplane back to the states for his new job and client.  He arrived back on Christmas Eve to join us at the Ashbaugh farm.  Russell's sister and brother, Melanie and Andrew, were there and we had a wonderful evening.  Rusty read the Christmas story from the Bible and we sang Christmas songs accompanied by myself on the piano and Mia and Larson on harmonicas.  The next day began with presents (even grumpy morning Larson perked up at the sight of his new dump truck) and continued with relaxation, cooking, and eating.  Please check out the photo of my gorgeous brie and bread ring I made for our special snack.  Andrew and Rusty cooked and shelled many crabs to result in the best crab cakes I have ever had along with green bean bacon rolls from Marsha, huge breaded scallops from Andrew, asian slaw from Marsha, chipotle scalloped sweet potatoes by myself, apple pie by Melanie.  WhooHoo!   To top of the day it snowed late Christmas night (enough for sledding and snowmen) so we stayed an extra night and day.










This is our little angel at her school Cristmas program.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas pics--they're great any time of year. You all look so happy and I just love the snow!! What a wonderful present to have snow on Christmas day in N.C.! The seafood sounded so wonderful. I'm having lots of seafood when I get home. Love GIGI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, Ben has those same brown sleeper jammies that Larson has. Just thought I'd share that with you. Love the pictures and updates. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete