Thursday, February 17, 2011

Greetings from CA!

Hi all!  So, I've been MIA for awhile, sorry.  Olmsteads have been busy.  I taught preschool the past 2 weeks again.  The first week we learned the letter A using the theme "Apples".  It was lots of fun, but this week was even more fun.  We learned the letter V using the theme "Valentine's".  I think I had just as much fun as the kids.  Here is a picture of Molly, Berkleigh, and Jaxon doing their candy heart math.


Monday (valentine's day), after teaching preschool, I took Jax to the doctor.  He had had a fever for over 24 hours.  Since his seizure, I HATE it when he runs a fever, so I took him in.  Well, after 5 hours at the pediatricians and hospital x-ray center, and 3 fainting spells later, he was diagnosed with pneumonia. Yes, that's right, Jax fainted 3 times that day.  Twice at the hospital, and once at the doctors.  I was a crying fool, and kind of embarrassed about crying.  I think I was just sooooo tired.  The night before I had slept on the floor beside his bed b/c he had such a high (103) fever.  Anyways, 2 huge shots in the butt, and a prescription for oral antibiotics later, fever is gone, he's no longer considered contagious,and he is turning the corner.  He was quarantined to his room for 2 days.  Let me tell you, it is so hard to keep a 2 year old boy confined to one room.  He got to watch as many movies as he wanted to those 2 days.  Below is what he looked like for about 48 hours.
Here is Molly today.  I just thought she looked cute with her sucker.


About 2 weeks ago, Matt's friend called and said that he was given 4 free tickets to the motorcross races at the stadium, and invited he and Jax to go with him and his son.  They went, and Jax loved it!  I thought they would get bored after the first few races and head home early.  Well, Jax loved it so much, they stayed for the whole thing.  They didn't get home until 11:30pm!  And, Jax was still awake when they got home.  Crazy kid.  


We've tried potty training Jax a few times, but he then gets sick, and I'm not about to try to potty train a sick kid.  Here he is this past Saturday in his oversized UNC shirt b/c when I potty train my kids, they only wear a big t-shirt and nothing else.  He got bored and added his Batman mask to his ensemble. No, he's not potty trained b/c we stopped a day later b/c he got pneumonia.  


Here is Molly playing around one Saturday.  Matt was given this mask as a joke from one of his friends. It's the mask from the movie "V". (awesome movie!)  Anyways, here she is in all her scary mask glory.

Hope you all are doing well!  We think about all of you often!  Can't wait for our next family get together:)

4 comments:

  1. I got the rug at target. I have had my eye on it for over a year. Well, in January it finally went on sale and I used my gift cards from christmas to help get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well here I go again. I just posted a comment but did something wrong. Ging, you and the family look wonderful. I'm so glad that Jaxon is feeling much better. Doctors are just the best. We knew that you have been busy because we have not heard from you since Christmas. Rearing kids is full time work, huh? It was my favorite job!!! We try to skype with you but evidently pick the wrong time to try. Just keep up the posts on the blog--we love them. DAD&MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jaxon's mask. Cole had one just like it.

    ReplyDelete