Monday, February 14, 2011

Howdy from the Weeks

I have not posted anything for a while, so here is an update from Hawaii.  Colby's sister and husband and then parents came for all of January. It was nice to have them. They love our kids and were nice enough to baby sit a few times so that Colby and I could go out.

Colby has started a new semester and is busy as usual. He usually goes to work around 7 am and does not come home until after 5 and then after dinner he usually goes back to work for an hour or 2 or works on his lectures at home.  I thought he would be less busy this semester since he is only teaching one new class but alas he is not.  I am thrilled though that he is not teaching this spring term. He has off the last half of April and all of May.... right when baby is due.  It will be nice to have him home to take care of Cole and Izzy while I will be on baby duty.  I officially have only 11 weeks left until baby Ollie arrives.  I wish it were tomorrow!!

Cole is learning alot in school lately.  He is even reading some basic sight words.  I think his preschool is worth every penny we pay.  I just hope that he does not forget everything this summer. I can't believe he will be turning 5 in a few months.  Oh how time flies!! One of his school fieldtrips was to the Dole Pineapple Plantation.  I took some pictures and will post them.  He loves going on fieldtrips because he gets to ride the bus. He feels like such a big kid.  It's funny because he will not ride the bus to kindergarten here because is is just down the street. Every kid rides their bike to school here. Cole loves star wars and the other day when he got into trouble he told me the 'dark side' made him do it.  We had a quick discussion about how the movie is not real, just pretend and that Cole is the one who chooses between right and wrong. We had a FHE lesson on choosing the right and I gave Cole a CTR ring.  A few days after that when in trouble Cole said it was because he was not wearing his CTR ring.  I guess that is why 8 years old is the age of accountability!!

Izzy is getting bigger and is so independent it is annoying. You can't help her do anything which means there is always a mess to clean up and she always has bruises and gets hurt.  The other day she was running in Target and fell and cut her lip pretty bad.  She was bleeding and I immediately went to the concession area and bought a slurpy for her to drink...... cold will stop the bleeding and reduce the swelling.  I tried to help her spoon some in her mouth but she cried even more until I let her do it all alone.  Least to say she was all blue and wearing most of the slurpy within the next five minutes.

Today was Valentine's Day and it was a good one.  I made red heart rice krispie treats and put them in everyone lunch today.  Colby came home early with roses for me and balloons for the kids and then we went to the beach.  After the beach we went to Ted's bakery for dinner. It was YUMMY!!  We got home and the kids got cleaned up and were tired from playing at the beach and went to bed early. It was the best. I love love love my hubby and love him more and more the longer that we are together.  I hope everyone else had a good Valentines and is feeling the love.

Mom and Dad we are so proud of you and all that you are doing. Keep up to good work, we are all being continuously blessed for your efforts!!



Love to all- The Weeks

3 comments:

  1. Kathie, you're such a good mom and you look awesome in your bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathie and Family, you look fabulous! I just love any and all pictures. We love it here in Malaysia, but there is nothing like seeing your children, especially when they are happy! Dad and I are definitely going to visit you in Hawaii when we return home. I don't know when but we will!! Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cole is funny! "the dark side made me do it!"

    ReplyDelete