Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sunday Snacks!

Matt and I have both had a problem shedding our extra pounds for the past 4 years.  I am wondering if it has anything to do with Sunday snacks?  Pretty much every Sunday evening, Matt craves a treat.  So, I usually make cookies, brownies, or any other yummy baked treat.  Well, a couple Sundays ago I heard Matt's famous line, " So what treat are you going to make us tonight?"  I asked what he wanted, and was told biscuits with butter, honey, and our homemade boysenberry jam.  Done!  He did not have to ask me twice.

4 comments:

  1. Matt, what a wonderful idea! Makes my mouth hunger for something sweet. I made biscuits last week for our Elders Quorum Presidency. They loved them with their fried rice(nasi goreng) and fish. Rice is a must here. They call cookies "biscuits".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biscuits are a treat no matter the time of day or night or whenever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of treats...see my post above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot biscuits--like mom makes are the absolute best, be it with butter & jam, or sausage gravy, or the next morning, cut open and chedder cheese slices applied and then put in the oven under the broiler----toooooo die-------for. Can you imagine how sacrament meeting attendance would increase if we could substitiute hot biscuits! Did mom ever tell you about the time the 7'3" missionary serving in Concord came to dinner, and after dinner ate 14 biscuits and a whole jar of freezer jam? He is now the starting center for the University of Utah.Matt, we cannot promise that you will get any taller--but who knows?

    ReplyDelete