Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas in KK

This is a picture of Herlina who was taught by the Sister missionaries and baptized by Dad.  He also confirmed her a member of the church last Sunday.  She is a sweet gal and has been at everything at church since joining last Sat.   I really hope that she stays!  This was the week before Christmas.

This was FHE on Monday evening.  We had 30 to attend!!!  We had such fun playing games, eating pizza and cake, flirting with each other, dancing, and just enjoying each other!  Elder Larson and I both loved it so much, seeing them have a good time.  We exchanged gifts and had the Christmas story from Luke read to them by Elder Larson Also on Monday, as we went out to shop that morning, I finally took pictures of the monkeys at the dumpsters eating trash.  Coleman, this is for you, since you always ask about them.


I forgot to tell you about the handsome young man in the FHE group pic, the one on the left front squatting(in the pink shirt).  His name is Eder and he is a return missionary, college graduate, and works in KL.  His brothers are Edwin, Eddy, Edney, and Edre(now on a mission).  Their Moms get hung up on a name!
On Tuesday, we had our usual morning District Training meeting downtown at the missionaries.  They keep us for 2 hours whether they have anything to train us on or not.  We had lunch afterwards and ran into David and Kate.  I told Dad that this is really our home now because we recognize people here.  We went to pick up my pics that I had framed.  They're beautiful--who knew that $1 pics from the distribution center looked so gorgeous when framed.  Bro. Chua is going to come over and hang them when we get back from Singapore.  I'm so excited!

On Wednesday we went with Bro. Anthony for a little trip to a smalll vilage out of town where they have a huge market every Wednesday.  It was fun and something different to do.  Bro Anthony is inactive and we're trying to work and fellowship him.  He dropped us off at the Sisters apartment for a luncheon that they fizxed on their P-day.  It was fun and delicious.  Sis Zafar dressed in her Pakastani clothes--beautiful!

On Thursday we went to Damai to buy some beef at the cold storages there.  I told the Elders that I would try to find some.  Good Luck, Mama!  It looked old, freezer burnt, and unrecognizable.  Most places refuse to sell pork because of the Muslims, so I bought chicken breasts and fixed them with veggies, like I would a roast.  It was really quite good.  We had our Christmas party on Thursday and it was so fun.  We had more people than we could count.  We had a huge spread outside afterwards and Bro. Francis had lots of fireworks.  Dad and I did a little skit-singing!  Sis Dorkas was so concerned that I was going to break my neck, she came over and tried to get the sisters to move me.  Here's some pics-----


This is the YW singing!

This is our YSA doing their Christmas dance.

This is Elder Larson(as his name tag says)--Your Dad!


This is Sister Larson-Your Mom!


This is Sis. Dorkas and her girls Ebony Stellyka, and Ivory!












On Friday, we invited Mary Anne and her 2 teenage kids for dinner.  She has had us over twice and I should return the favor.  She is extremely intelligent, An Oxford graduate!  She comes with a few problems, but for the most part is a good faithful member.  We invited them at 6.  They came at 3 in the afternoon and stayed until almost 10!  I was running out of conversation.  She is the one who has kept these fantastic books of KK church history.  All of her books are in our apartment and I'm taking her story to Singapore next weeek to see if we can get it published.



Saturday on Christmas we invited the Elders and Sisters and my new friend Jo to have a breakfast with us at the Promenade Hotel downtown.  Jo is from Australia and she has a second home here at Marina Court where the missionaries stay.  She owns a condo there.  She has been coming here for about 30 years to vacation.  She's funny and is now a very good church member.  I'm not sure what her business is but I know that she knows some very wealthy and influential people in Malaysia.  We spent the rest of the day with the missionaries and topped it off with a baptism.  This is Jo.

The only sad part of Christmas was not being with ya'll.  I'm so thankful for eternal families!  You are my BIC babies!  I hope your Christmas was filled with love for each other and Our Savior, Jesus Christ!  Mine was! We missed the excitement of family and grandchildren, but our "family" here made it special. To see the sister missionaries skype and talk to their families, and cry, made it even more special.

You make us proud to be your parents.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures and I hope that you and Dad are enjoying Singapore and that you have received our packages.

    ReplyDelete