Friday, November 5, 2010

Aloha!

As you all know, The Olmsteads went to HI the week of Halloween to vacation and visit The Weeks.  IT WAS AWESOME!  Kath and Colby are so lucky to live there for a few years.  If you have the chance, Matt and I suggest that you go and visit them as much as possible the next 3 years.  It's a blast.  I have to say that my favorite day there was our last full one, Saturday.  We spent the day in Haleiwa with Kath, Colb, and their kids.  The cousins all played on the beach for a few hours while the adults took turns going out on the paddle boards we rented.  I now want a paddle board!  I seriously loved it.  So fun, after you fall a few times getting use to the balancing part.  Colby and Matt put the kids on the front of their boards and cruised them around the bay area.  Matt, Kathie, and I paddle boarded down a little river off the bay that goes under a couple bridges.  It was pretty amazing.  That night we went to Kath and Colby's, with our friends The Hokes,  and had a very yummy BBQ.  After dinner, we went trick or treating with all of the kids, minus Izzy (bedtime).  (Izzy, by the way, is the cutest, water-loving baby ever!)  Oh yes, and My crew and I spent all Monday up in Laie with kath and kids.  We went to BYUH, the Laie temple open house, and the the PCC.  Another favorite day.  Basically, everyday in HI is a favorite day.  We loved the resort.  I love that Cole thought it was my house.  The kids all played in the kiddie pool and on the beach.  My family and the Hokes went to a luau Friday night.  Matt and I got the kids matching HI clothing for it.  We got them stinkin' cheap at the international market in Waikiki.  At the luau, we made the banana leaf head bands, got leis, and learned some hula dancing.  Anyways, there's lots of pictures, so enjoy.  (P.S. I have included the picture of the older man in white shorts, rolled at the waist, that kept walking/jogging in front of the kids and me at the beach.  I like to call him "The Great White") please forgive the quality of a lot of the pictures.  Those were taken with a camera phone.

3 comments:

  1. I want to go to Hawaii with you. I think that's where the next family reunion should be. How fun. I especially love the picture of the great white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! Family vacay in HI next yr (providing Russell has a job). I love the pics. Kathie does not even look prego and Ging, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes!! Everyone please come to see us in Hawaii. Some can stay here and the downstairs will be available for vacation rental for $90 a night (very cheap) starting in January. It would be a blast. There is so much to do and the PCC is really cheap courtesy of Colby's pass from work. Come one come all!!

    ReplyDelete