Sunday, January 15, 2012

Olmstead Christmas







We had a great Christmas!  Sorry that it is taking me so long to post about it.  (Jenny just threatened me today and said I had only 48 hours to post about it or she was going to make us go to Dollywood, Tweetsie Railroad or Gastonia for her 40th birthday!)  The kids loved getting their gifts this year, but what they loved most was giving the gifts.  I'm serious.  They spent Christmas eve going into each other's room, getting their old toys, wrapping them, and putting them under the tree for each other to open the next morning:)  They love their razor scooters, as you can see in the picture.  Molly is also modeling her amazing belt that Santa brought her.  It is silver and hot pink glitter, and she has been eyeing that thing at Walmart for the past year.  Every time we go, we have to go look at the girl belts.  

It was a nice Christmas Sunday for us.  We had 9am sacrament.  I loved it!  The primary children sang some of the regular Christmas songs, but they also sang this really pretty duet with the ward choir.  I was actually in tears by the end of it.  It was amazing.  Molly loves going up and singing at church.  Jaxon is so excited to be a sunbeam and now be able to join her.  Anyways, Christmas was great!  I thought that I would be frazzled in the morning trying to open the gifts, breakfast, and get to church on time.  We did, and it was great!  It was topped off by cheering on the Lakers for their first game of the very delayed NBA season:)  We just layer on the couch, eating our Christmas treats, and watching basketball while the kids played.  


1 comment:

  1. My favorite pictures are the last two--the one of Molly showing her new belt and Jaxon, riding the scooter. So cute. I'm so happy that your children love going to church. It's the best true happiness that they will ever know. It's where we learn all about the Savior and His life. I love you with all of my heart, but not nearly as much as He loves you!!!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete