Sunday, January 15, 2012

Matt's 36th Birthday





As I like to call it, Matt just had his "much closer to 40 than 30" birthday!  I always stress about his birthday b/c he was cursed to be born the day after Christmas.  I always try to make sure there is nothing Christmas about it.  To celebrate this year, we went to eat dinner at Las Brisas, a yummy seafood restaurant right on the water in Laguna Beach.  We got there an hour before our reservation, so we walked down to the tide pools with the kids.  It was so fun!  we just walked barefoot and looked at all of the crabs, sea urchins, and every other slimy thing that I refuse to touch.  We took some impromptu family pictures there.  It was so pretty that early evening.  (I keep laughing while typing this post because I keep looking at Jax's expression in the last picture.)  

I love Matt, and am thankful for him in my life.  He is a good father to our kids.  He really does have one of the softest hearts of anyone I know.  

2 comments:

  1. What do mean--36???? Matt, you do not look a day over 35!!! Just teasing, you look wonderful and you have a gorgeous family. What a fun way to celebrate your birthday. Good food, good family, good wife, and a good life. God is good to usk, isn't He?? Love you,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, I love how you are such an easy going guy. You know us Larsons are a bit high strung, and we needed you to remind us how to relax and have fun. I see all of your talents and love how great you are at taking care of your family. I tell Russell that if a job were to open up in CA, I would even move there just to be close to you guys.

    ReplyDelete