Saturday, August 13, 2011

OC Fair 2011







We love going to the fair each summer. It is actually pretty expensive to get in and do stuff, but I have learned a way around it. Every Wednesday is donation day. Between 12-4pm, if you bring one of what ever they are collecting that week, you get free admission, and a ticket for one free ride. So, the Olmsteads only go on Wednesdays. This year we went the week they were collecting used children's books. I always just grab 4 very old and used books that my kids have (their baby board books) and take those. our kids get in free anyway b/c they are under 6 yrs old. So they give me 2 extra free ride tickets for the 2 extra books i brought. So, we went to the fair, each kid got to ride 2 rides, and we ate dinner there. All for $20. The food is so big and not good for you there that we all share. The kids got a small corn dog, which was the size of a baseball bat, and Matt and I shared a turkey leg, which was the size of Matt's calves. Crazy! Anyways, it was a blast. Jaxon decided to use of his free rides to ride on an elephant. It was pretty awesome. Molly is more like her mom and wants nothing to do with those stinky animals. Oh, I forgot to mention, one of the pictures is me trying to capture the baby pig races we watched there. That was my favorite part. They even had to jump hurdles in the race. The kids loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment