Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kicking It Asay Style











I am so sorry it has taken me well over a month to update the blog. I've been a little busy. And a little lazy. It just proves my motto "Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?!"

We celebrated Jacob's birthday July 26th. It's hard to believe this little tender-heart is now SEVEN. He will be baptized next year. I just love this little guy to pieces. He is growing up and I am enjoying every day of his life. Is it normal for my heart to just burst whenever I see or think of him? I even love smelling his head. I love when he sits on my lap and lets my love on him. I love his smile. I love watching his eyes sparkle when he learns something new. I love how he gets concerned and upset when Ben gets hurt or picked on. I love it when Jacob gets on the kitchen floor with Ben and plays "crash up cars" with his baby brother. I love to hear Jacob bare his testimony. He has always gone up to the pulpit on his own to bare his testimony. The very first time was a little scarey. He was four years old. He did really well until he said he was thankful for Super Mario Galaxy and the Wii. Oh well. That's one for the baby book!

Ben is Ben. He went to his preschool open house last week. I am a bad mom, and didn't take the camera. But I promise to take pictures on his first day of preschool in September. Ben continues to be a rough and tumble, energetic little soul. He is polite. He always says "thank you" for the littlest things: a bowl of Spaghetti-O's, a ceiling fan, helping him get dressed, taking him on a scooter ride, giving him a hug. What an angel.

Marty and I are the same. Marty stays extremely busy with work. I am so thankful for that. I start my new part-time job in labor and delivery at Davis hospital. I am SOOOOOO looking forward to the short commute and working with all my friends. I am so blessed. When I was set apart for my calling, my humble bishop blessed me with many things, and one of them was the ability to manage my time between all the demands of RS president, wife, mother, and work. I know my Heavenly Father knows me and is very aware of my life. He has blessed me beyond measure, and he has many other blessings in store for me. He knows what my life needs. He knows what I need to do to grow and develop my talents. I just pray for the patience and wisdom to remember this.

Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment