Wednesday, September 7, 2011

THE FACE OF FOOD POISONING!!!!


This is a picture that I sincerely hope that I will never have to repeat while we are here in Malaysia. The second week in August E. Larson and I were at Center Point-a mall downtown KK. We had some time to kill before meeting the sisters for one of our teaching visits. Our appointment was at 7 o'clock, so we decided to eat a bite at McDonald's first. We ordered sandwiches. I made the mistake of not checking the sandwich before eating. I ate about on third of mine when I looked inside. It had ROTTEN lettuce inside!! E. Larson had already eaten his. He said that he saw some bad lettuce on the side of his and threw it away, but didn't check the inside. We went on to our appointment. The next morning we neither one felt very well. Soon we were vomiting and diarrhea. I was so sick for three days but then started to feel better. However, E. Larson just kept getting worse. By Sunday afternoon, he was ready to go to the hospital. His blood pressure was out of sight, his blood sugar was elevated, he was sweaty and clammy. The doctors heard his heart murmur that he has had since childhood and they insisted on keeping him at the hospital. Malaysia has national health care and everything is free. BUT WE'RE NOT MALAYSIAN!!! They kept him for two days to monitor him. It was so difficult for me to leave him in that hospital and go back to our apartment. I do not drive here because I do not have an international license. Kate, our Relief Society president drove me and spent the night with me. They let me take him home late Monday night. He has been very slow to recuperate from this, but is now doing just fine.

When we first arrived in Malaysia, he was sick the first week we were here because we did not understand the water filtration system. I however, drank the same water and never got sick. I guess that it's just that old Brunswick County(my home) toughness!!!!!

God is Great, and God is Good and we are so thankful for his blessings in our lives!!!

Love

DAD & MOM


This is Dad--6 lbs. lighter!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment