Saturday, March 26, 2011

BORING WEEK


Dad and I have had one of the most uneventful weeks of our mission so far.  Our computer Internet Service went out last Sunday evening just as I finished typing the weekly blog.  Two technician visits, three visits to TM downtown, and several phone calls later, we had service for ONE DAY!!  It went out again.  After a few call again yesterday(Friday), we had service for ONE HOUR today.  It went out again--this time I just waited for a few hours and we're up and running!  I figure that I had better write a few words while it 's operating!
For YSA on Monday at FHE, we sort of kicked off our Job Seminars/Educational Opportunities for our group.  Kate and Dad talked about preparing of jobs and interviews.  Kate has a friend(Muslim) who gives great motivational seminars for improving oneself.  Hopefully he will do this for free for us.  He does it for the government.  Also, Sis. Audrey works at  one of the small Universities downtown and is going to talk to them about free educational courses to help them.  This group needs to learn of better opportunities than KFC or McDonald's.
Tuesday we had a great Branch Presidency meeting, along with Relief S ociety and Elder's Quorum presidents.  We started reorganizing the home teaching and visiting teaching.  Your Dad wants them to start with only 10 names and we add 10 new names every 2 weeks. Pres. Clark(Mission Pres.) wants them to start with the New Converts first, Active Members second, and Less Active third.  Hopefully this will help with the retention and sacrament attendance.
Friday, I was sick.  I just didn't feel good.  I slept most of the day--which I do when I run a fever.  Today I feel good.  We met at the church at 7:45 am to do our Adopt-A-Highway.  We had to postpone it because of rain.  It  rained most of the morning.  Some of us decided to go to breakfast at Gunther's-advertised as a German Buffett.  Welllllll, they had noodles, rice, mushroom soup, hotdogs, and your typical Malaysian fair for breakfast.  Dad was so disappointed.  Last night we ate out also, because I didn't feel like fixing anything.  We went to the Upperstarr Bar and Grill in Damai.  It was yummy European foods.  We loved it.
I didn't take any pictures this week, but I will share a few that I have from other times.....
 
 
draft
3/25/11by Larson Family
 
Valentine's Ball

1 comment:

  1. That's OK Dad, I have been disappointed by plenty of restaurants here in the states. I did laugh out loud though when I read this.

    ReplyDelete