Saturday, November 19, 2011

GARY AND JUNE'S WEDDING

These are our next door neighbors, Gary and June. I really love them because they have been so helpful and nice to Dad and me while we have been here. They have actually been married since March 19, 2011. June is from a Chinese family and so is Gary's Mom. The Chinese wait many months after marriage to have their wedding reception. They have worked a long time to have a BIG reception. This was held at Le Meridien Hotel downtown KK. It's a beautiful 5 star hotel. We were served a delicious 10 course meal. There was a live band and there were about 350 people there. I noticed some "Datuks" there. I had seen their names in the paper. Datuk is and honorary title, sort of like the English "Sir". In this picture, you can see that June is a little thing and Gary is a big boy!! The lady on the bottom right of this picture is Gary's Mom. June changed dresses about three times during the evening!! I took lots of pictures, but they were terrible because my flash was on and with the bright lights, the pictures were blurred. I salvaged these few. They were so sweet and asked Dad(Pastor Elder Larson!!) to ask a blessing on the marriage and the food!!

Our 10 course meal started at 8:15 and ended at 11:15!!!! I was so tired of eating all night. We had lovely people who sat at our table and I just followed their example of how to eat the Chinese foods. It was fun!! I'm getting pretty good with chopsticks!!!



This is Gary and his Dad who is of Indian descent. I feel really safe living beside Gary and June. I know that they will help us if we ever need them. They have their own business-- a security company. They install systems in homes, autos, businesses, etc. They work really hard six days a week. They get up at about 4:30 every morning and are back home at about 6:30 in the evening. They are very independent and industrious.

WE LOVE GARY AND JUNE!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment